Apply for a Temporary Road or Waterway closure

Temporary road closure

If your event requires the temporary closure of a road in Gannawarra Shire, you must apply for a permit.

These are the things that Council must take into consideration before granting permission for a temporary road closure:

Whether the application has been made 4 weeks prior to the event taking place.

  • The date and times for the road closure.
  • Whether the road can be closed to vehicular traffic for the duration of the event.
  • The name of the street or streets which are sought to be closed.
  • Whether the owners or occupiers of all properties with immediate vehicular access via the section of road to be closed have been advised by letter and given seven days to comment or object.
  • Whether a person on behalf of the applicant has been nominated to erect and remove the barriers which close the road at locations and times specified by the Council.
  • Whether the footpath on at least one side of the road can be kept clear of obstructions.
  • Any other matter relevant to the circumstances of the application.
  • The written consent of the Chief Commissioner of Police and the Roads Corporation has been obtained where the event is to be held on any road other than a Council road.

 Click here to view form.

Temporary waterway closure

Event on waterway

Council is the waterway manager for the following waterways in the Gannawarra Shire:

  • Gunbower Creek
  • Kangaroo Lake
  • Lake Charm
  • Lake Meran

If you would like to hold an event on a waterway in the Gannawarra Shire, please contact Council on (03) 5450 9333.