Residents were encouraged during March 2023 to have their say on the concept design of the CBD Redevelopment - Stage 4.
Council will allocate a portion of its $1.318 million contribution from the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure to help fund the fourth stage of CBD upgrade works, which will build on improvements already completed in the Kerang central business district.
To view a large-scale version of the concept design, including detailed designs of each of the five sections, please click here(PDF, 13MB).
Inspired by work undertaken during the development of the Kerang CBD Master Plan, key features of Stage 4 of the redevelopment include:
- Enhanced connections along Fitzroy Street between Wellington Street and Scoresby Street to tie this area in with the upgrades along Scoresby Street;
- Replacing existing paved surfaces along Wellington Street between Nolan and Albert streets to connect with improvements along Scoresby Street and along Victoria Street; and
- Installation of new street furniture and landscaping.
How residents had their say
Residents were able to have their say regarding the design of the CBD Redevelopment - Stage 4 by 5pm in the following ways:
- By visiting Victoria Square on Wednesday, 15 March from 12 noon-1.30pm, where Councillors and Council staff were available to answer questions regarding the project.
- By adding feedback to the conversation board located at Council’s Kerang Customer Service Centre.
- By completing a Have Your Say form.