Feedback accepted up to 5pm Tuesday, 19 December 2023.
Residents and visitors who use some of Kerang’s major public recreation spaces are encouraged to have their say on the Draft Kerang Active Recreation Corridor Masterplan, which will guide future development of key locations in the west of the township.
Developed following engagement between Gannawarra Shire Council, local community groups and other key stakeholders, the draft masterplan focuses on four key locations – Atkinson Park, Kerang Regional Park, Riverside Park and the Sir John Gorton Precinct.
The draft masterplan recommends proposed improvements at the following locations:
- Atkinson Park (page 17 of the masterplan): Refurbishing the cenotaph, additional lighting and trees, installing a basketball half-court, upgrading the gym equipment and updating facilities at the adjoining Kerang Lawn Tennis Club.
- Kerang Regional Park (page 22 of the masterplan): Installation of new entry, directional and educational signs to promote locations within and outside the riverfront precinct, new resting areas, barbecue spaces, creation of a dog park and the relocation of the Kerang Pistol Club to a new location, to be determined between the club and Council.
- Riverside Park (page 29 of the masterplan): Improvements to occur across two stages. Stage 1 would involve the reconfiguration and realignment of the park’s two ovals, improved sports lighting, formalised car parking areas and installation of an outdoor fitness area. Stage 2 would involve the creation of a new indoor sports stadium on the Kerang Basketball Stadium site and moving the netball courts to the area near the corner of Wyndham and Murray streets.
- Sir John Gorton Precinct (page 36 of the masterplan): Upgrades to the Sir John Gorton Library via The Glasshouse @ The Gannawarra project, upgrading car parking and the potential location for a new swimming pool, as identified in the recently adopted Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy.
To download the Draft Kerang Active Recreation Corridor Masterplan, please click here(PDF, 14MB).
How you can have your say
You can have your say regarding the Draft Kerang Active Recreation Corridor Masterplan before 5pm Tuesday, 19 December 2023 in the following ways:
- Completing the Have Your Say form, which is located below.
- Emailing email@example.com
- Writing to PO Box 287, Kerang VIC 3579.
- Visiting the Draft Kerang Active Recreation Corridor Masterplan pop-up session, occurring in Victoria Square, Kerang on Thursday, 30 November from 10.30am-12 noon.