Residents were encouraged during April and May 2023 to have their say on Council’s 2023/2024 Proposed Budget.
The 2023/2024 Proposed Budget features a $38.441 million investment in capital works, with $25 million dedicated to repairing flood-damaged damaged roads, bridges and culverts to a pre-flood standard.
To view the 2023/2024 Proposed Budget, please click here(PDF, 3MB).
What is the 2023/2024 Proposed Budget?
A Proposed Budget is one of the key document Council produces each year. It outlines how Council will continue to provide the various services residents rely on and what capital works projects Council will invest in.
What are the highlights of the 2023/2024 Proposed Budget?
Some of the highlights of the 2023/2024 Proposed Budget include:
- Continuation of support for key services Gannawarra Shire residents rely on.
- A $38.441 million investment in capital works, with $25 million dedicated to repairing flood-damaged roads, bridges and culverts to a pre-flood standard.
- Investment in projects that will transform liveability, recreational and tourism opportunities for residents and visitors alike – such as Stages 3 and 4 of the Kerang CBD Redevelopment, The Glasshouse @ The Gannawarra and the Sustainable Water for Quambatook project.
- A 10 per cent increase in funding to maintain roads, bridges, buildings, footpaths, kerb and gutters, and drainage compared to the 2022/2023 Budget.
- Compliance with the State Government’s Fair Go Rates System, which states that the total revenue raised through municipal rates cannot increase by more than 3.5 per cent compared to the previous year.
For more information, please read the 2023/2024 Proposed Budget Brochure, which you can download by clicking here(PDF, 2MB) .
How residents had their say
Residents were able to provide feedback regarding 2023/2024 Proposed Budget in the following ways:
- Completing a Have Your Say form.
- Emailing Council.
- Sending a letter to Council.
All feedback received will assist with the development of the 2023/2024 Gannawarra Shire Council Budget, which will be presented at the June 2023 Meeting of Council, to be held on Wednesday, 28 June 2023.