Green Waste Service
Gannawarra Shire Council operates an opt-in fortnightly kerbside green waste service for Cohuna, Kerang and Koondrook urban residents.
Should you wish to receive the green waste service please complete an application form by clicking here or apply at a Council Customer Service Centre in either Kerang or Cohuna.
Costs associated with receiving this service will be added to participating residents’ rates notices.
For more information on the service please contact Council on (03) 5450 9333.
What can I place in my green garden waste bin?
- Grass clippings
- Small prunings and flowers
- Twigs and small branches (no thicker than 15cm or longer than 60cm)
What cannot go in my green garden waste bin?
- Food waste (meat, fish, poultry, scraps and bones)
- Plastic bags
- Soil, pebbles and rocks
- Plastic and foam
- Paper or cardboard
- Rubbish (including household waste, e-waste, chemicals and batteries)
- Scrap metal
- Building materials (concrete, bricks, tiles, rubble)
- Treated timber
- Nappies (even if they are biodegradable or compostable)