Green Waste Service
Gannawarra Shire Council offers an opt-in green waste collection service for the townships of Kerang and Cohuna. A trial of this service is now being offered in Koondrook.
Should you wish to receive the green waste service please apply at a Council Customer Service Centre in either Kerang or Cohuna or by completing an application form by clicking here. Costs associated with receiving this service will be added to participating residents’ rates notices.
For more information on the service please contact Council on (03) 5450 9333.
What can go in my green bin?
- Grass clippings
- Small prunings and flowers
- Twigs and small branches (no thicker than 15cm or longer than 60cm)
What can't go in my green bin?
- Plastic bags
- Soil, pebbles and rocks
- Plastic and foam
- Paper or cardboard
- Rubbish (including household waste, e-waste, chemicals and batteries)
- Scrap metal
- Building materials (concrete, bricks, tiles, rubble)
- Treated timber
- Nappies (even if they are biodegradable or compostable)