Let us know about damaged roads, buildings

Published on 06 February 2024


Residents and visitors to the Gannawarra are encouraged to advise Gannawarra Shire Council about damaged roads, building and other assets at any time.

Council has various ways it can be contacted, with many accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

“Council maintains close to 2,500 kilometres of roads, 71 bridges, around 74 kilometres of footpaths and many buildings residents and visitors rely on,” Council Chief Executive Officer, Geoff Rollinson.

“In many instances, it is our residents who advise our staff when repairs to roads, buildings and other asset are required.

“Council welcomes this feedback, as we all play a role in making the Gannawarra a great place to live.”

Residents and visitors can lodge a request to repair any Council-managed road, building or asset in the following ways:

  • By visiting www.gsc.vic.gov.au/request at any time;
  • By phoning (03) 5450 9333 during business hours;
  • Visiting Council’s Customer Service Centres at Cohuna (25-25 King Edward Street) and Kerang (Patchell Plaza, 47 Victoria Street) during business hours;
  • By visiting www.gsc.vic.gov.au and chatting live with a staff member during business hours; and
  • Emailing council@gsc.vic.gov.au at any time.

“Any issues that may cause harm or serious damage should be reported to Triple Zero (000) immediately,” Mr Rollinson said.

Residents are reminded that any concerns regarding local highways or main roads identified with green signage with a gold C2## prefix should be reported to Regional Roads Victoria on 133 778.

Highway sign.JPG

ABOVE: An example of a sign identifying a Regional Road Victoria-managed road.

Tagged as: