Council's Customer Service Centres to close until further notice
Published on 26 March 2020
Residents are advised that as part of efforts to stop the spread of Coronavirus, Gannawarra Shire Council’s Cohuna and Kerang Customer Service Centres will be closed from 5pm on Thursday, 26 March until further notice.
“The closure of Council’s Customer Service Centres is one step Council can take to assist with social distancing during the Coronavirus pandemic,” Mayor Lorraine Learmonth said.
“It will still be ‘business as usual’ for Council, with customers able to phone either of our Customer Service Centres direct regarding their queries or interact with staff online.”
Residents can communicate with Council in the following ways:
- By phoning the Cohuna Customer Service Centre on (03) 5456 5222 during business hours;
- By phoning the Kerang Customer Service Centre on (03) 5450 9333 during business hours;
- By e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time;
- By visiting www.gsc.vic.gov.au and chatting live with a staff member during business hours;
- By lodging a request form at www.gsc.vic.gov.au/request at any time; and
- By writing to PO Box 287, Kerang VIC 3579.
“Please be advised that customers may experience some delays when contacting Council at this time,” Mayor Learmonth said.
“Council thanks the community for their patience and understanding at this time.”
For more information regarding Coronavirus and Council’s efforts, please visit www.gsc.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Residents who are concerned regarding Coronavirus are encouraged to phone the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus