Council services resume following COVID-19 lockdown
Published on 17 February 2021
Numerous Gannawarra Shire Council services will resume operations from Thursday, 18 February following the easing of State Government-implemented COVID-19 restrictions.
In accordance with the State Government’s COVID-19 lockdown that came into effect on 13 February, many of Council’s face-to-face services were closed as part of efforts to protect the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Council thanks residents for their understanding during the five-day lockdown and congratulates all for their efforts in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Council Chief Executive Officer, Tom O’Reilly said.
As a result of the easing of restrictions, the following services will resume operations on Thursday, 18 February:
- The Cohuna and Kerang swimming pools will re-open for their usual operating time of 10am-8pm. The Morning Laps program at the Cohuna Swimming Pool will occur from 6.30am-8.30am;
- The Kerang Exercise Pool will re-open from 11am, with the Warra Waders program to resume on Tuesday, 23 February;
- The Kerang Customer Service Centre will re-open for face-to-face transactions from 8.30am;
- The Cohuna Customer Service Centre will re-open for face-to-face transactions from 10am;
- Gannawarra Library Service branches will return to pre-lockdown operating hours;
- The L2P Driver Mentor Program will continue;
- The Social Meals program will resume in accordance with density limits for host venues;
- The Gateway to Gannawarra Visitor Centre will re-open at 9am; and
- Council facility bookings currently in place will proceed.
“Please note that during this time residents are required to wear a face mask when indoors and outdoors where social distancing is not possible, unless you have a medical exemption,” Mr O’Reilly said.
“Most importantly, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get tested.”
For more information regarding Coronavirus and Council’s efforts, please visit www.gsc.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Residents who are concerned regarding Coronavirus are encouraged to phone the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit www.vic.gov.au/coronavirus