Residents have been helping to shape the future of aquatic services within the Gannawarra by taking part in Council’s Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy community engagement process.
Developed following feedback from residents and key stakeholders via surveys and on-site meetings held in late 2020, technical assessments of all Council and community-managed facilities in the municipality and the development of a strategic directions options analysis report, the draft document explores the following strategic directions:
- The redevelopment of the Kerang Swimming Pool to include a new indoor integrated aquatic centre;
- Development of a new swimming pool complex in Cohuna, featuring an outdoor leisure lagoon, water play space and learn to swim area, to replace the current facility;
- Maintain the Koondrook Swimming Pool under current management arrangements; and
- Work with Department of Environment Land Water and Planning and community asset committees to consider the future of the Leitchville and Quambatook swimming pools.
To view the Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy, please click here(PDF, 4MB).
NOTE: A revised version of the Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy was presented at the October 2022 Council Meeting, with the document to be reviewed at the February 2023 Council Meeting for further community engagement.
How residents had their say
The Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy community engagement process provided residents with numerous opportunities to learn more about this document and to have their say. For information on each period of the engagement process, please click on the relevant box below:
Survey and feedback process
Residents were able to provide feedback on the Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy between 20 June 2022 and 31 July in the following ways:
- Completing a 12-question survey
- Emailing Council
- Sending feedback by mail
- By completing a Have Your Say form
Councillors, Council staff and the Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy consultants held community sessions between 20-24 June.
Sessions occurred in 30-minute blocks at the following locations, as well as online:
- Cohuna Community Meeting Room, Council Office
- Kerang Swimming Pool
- Koondrook Swimming Pool
- Leitchville Swimming Pool
- Quambatook Swimming Pool
Councillors, Council staff and the Draft Gannawarra Aquatic Strategy consultants met with swimming pool management committees and Progress Associations/Development Committees during April and May, with follow-up meetings planned.
Discussions also occurred with Northern District Community Health and other health agencies, schools and advisory groups.