Healthy Active Lifestyles
Oral health is important to overall health, wellbeing and quality of life. A healthy mouth helps people to eat, speak and socialise without pain, discomfort or embarrassment. Problems with teeth and mouths are mostly preventable through good oral hygiene.
Tips for healthy teeth:
- Drink tap water (containing fluoride where possible)
- Choose plain water and milk and avoid drinks with lots of sugar like soft drink, flavoured milk, juice, cordial and energy drinks
- Choose fruit and vegetables and avoid snacks like bars and biscuits.
- If you smoke, get help to quit. Quitline 13 78 48
- Brush your teeth two times a day
- Have a check up with a dentist regularly
- Wear a mouth guard when playing contact sports
Gannawarra Shire Council is focusing on healthy teeth from the Maternal and Child Health Key Ages and Stages visits, through the early years at playgroups, long day care and kindergartens, through to local primary schools.
We aim to give everyone at Gannawarra a reason to Smile so take care of your teeth by Eating Well, Drinking Well and Brushing Well.