Accessible Parking Permit Scheme
Victoria is transitioning to the new Accessible Parking Permit Scheme and online administration system.
As part of this new system, residents and organisations who require a new permit, or need to renew or replace a permit, will need to apply with the new application process.
The new scheme will streamline the application process, making it easier, simpler and consistent across the state. The new permit also will better align with the Australian Disability Parking Permit Scheme.
Improvements to the scheme include:
• Introduction of temporary permits for 6, 12 or 24 months;
• Increased permit length, from 3 years to 5 years for individuals;
• Introduction of a permanent disability classification, so reassessments are not required for some people’s future permit renewals;
• A new single and secure state-wide permit design that will reduce the misuse of permits; and
• The inclusion of occupational therapists as assessors, in addition to GPs.
Double Time (green permits) and permits for organisations will continue under the new scheme.
To apply for an Accessible Parking Permit, please click here. If you have any queries, please contact Council.