Gannawarra Shire Council operates four Transfer Stations throughout the Shire which accept a range of materials. All Transfer Stations are staffed and have specific operating hours. Household types and quantities of recyclables are accepted free of charge at all Stations.
Below is a listing of operating hours and charges. Should you require more information please contact the Kerang Office on (03) 5450 9333.
- Cohuna: Chuggs Road 03 5456 2613
- Kerang: Kerang-Murrabit Road 03 5450 4334
- Lalbert: Wood Avenue
- Quambatook: Meering Road
- Barham: Barham East Road, Barham 2732 (NSW)
- Cohuna: Friday 9am - 11am and Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Kerang: Tuesday, Friday, Sunday 1pm - 4pm
- Lalbert: Open for the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month 10am - 12 noon
- Quambatook: Open for the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month 1pm - 3pm
- Barham: Wednesday and Sunday 12noon - 5pm
Domestic waste to be disposed in the garbage skip
- 120lt Mobile Garbage Bin $6.00
- 240lt Mobile Garbage Bin $9.80
Domestic waste delivered by any other means $27.00/m3
- Commercial waste $44.50/m3
- Commercial cardboard in recycling skip $9.20/m3
Uncontaminated recyclable materials
- Domestic Glass, Cans, Plastic Bottles, Paper and Cardboard: free
- Garden Waste $5.00/m3
Note: Contaminated Recyclables and garden waste will be charged at $26.00/m3
- Car bodies $33.50 body
- Timber $8.00/m3
- White goods $14.50/m3
- Car batteries $7.80
- E-waste free
- TVs Laptops and monitors $22.50
- Concrete (Denyer's Pit) $26.00/T
For Barham Transfer Station fees please contact Wakool Shire Council on (03) 5887 5007.
drumMUSTER is the national program for collection and recycling of empty, cleaned farm chemical containers.
Chemical users pay 4 cents per litre or kilogram levy on eligible products sold in non-returnable containers. Containers are identified by a logo (sticker, label or embossed) which shows they are eligible for recycling through drumMUSTER.
All of Gannawarra Shire Council's Transfer stations are drumMUSTER locations. The Transfer Stations will accept drums during normal operating hours, but will require you to book in advance.
For more information visit the Drummuster website.
You can now recycle your unwanted or broken electrical appliances at the landfills and transfer station in the Gannawarra Shire.
Computer Monitors, Laptops & TVs cost $22.00 each as they contain toxic chemicals including barium, phosphor, lead and hexavalent chromium which require special handling. All other e-waste is accepted FREE of charge.
White goods cannot be accepted as part of this program.