Support the Renewable Energy Boom with Simon Corbell
The Department of Environment Land Water and Planning invites you to a discussion on the future challenges, opportunities and success stories for the development of the renewable energy sector in the Loddon Mallee.
Led by Simon Corbell, Victoria’s Renewable Energy Advocate, the discussion will share knowledge and strategies to achieve Victoria's renewable energy targets.
You will learn more about:
- The renewable energy sector benefits to local communities and local government authorities
- Knowing what work is happening now within the Mallee and Loddon Campaspe regions
- Key barriers and challenges
- Construction and supply chain development
- Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET)
Who is Simon Corbell?
In December 2016, the Victorian Government appointed Simon Corbell to the position of Victorian Renewable Energy Advocate (VREA).
Mr Corbell was previously Deputy Chief Minister and Minister for the Environment and Climate Change of the ACT, where he drove the delivery of large-scale solar and wind farms and oversaw the implementation of the ACT large scale feed in tariff and reverse auction process.
The independent VREA’s key responsibilities include:
- heading Victoria’s key advisory body on renewable energy development
- leading efforts to attract further investment in renewable energy
- assisting in the implementation of the Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET)
- providing independent advice to the government
Mr Corbell was a recipient of the Banksia Foundation’s Gold Award for the ACT Solar Auction program and has been recognised by the Clean Energy Council and Australian Solar Council for his work in championing the clean energy transition nationally.
For more information about Simon visit: http://delwp.vic.gov.au/energy/vrea
Wednesday, 30 August 2017 | 11:00 AM
- 02:00 PM
Kerang Memorial Hall, Nolan Street, Kerang 3579 View Map