Visit MyWarra today!
'Wired into the Warra', otherwise known as 'MyWarra', was developed and guided by the Gannawarra Shire Youth Council and funded by the VicHealth 'Bright Futures Challenge' project and Gannawarra Shire Council.
The website, dedicated to young people, features several areas of interest to connect you with the region and talks about the thongs that affect you:
- Active – Names and contact details of local clubs and sporting associations.
- We ♥ – Different sites and networks that you can get involved with.
- Money – Covers some general advice as well as specific areas that you’ll need to know like getting a Tax File Number and renting for the first time.
- Health Stuff – This section is managed by staff at Northern District Community Health. Topics covered include LGBTIQA+ and Substances.
- Life Skills – Some tips and instructions for young people heading out into the ‘Real World’.
- Medical & Insurance – As you get older you need to think about things like independent Medicare cover and car insurance. This section has some general advice and starting points.
- Skills & Employment – A lot of job searching and application tips are included in this section. We begin with the Top 5 Tips provided by local employers about getting started in the workforce.
- Study Tips – Contains some advice about how to get through, and get organised for secondary study and exams.
- Things to do – Season by season there’s some great things to do in ‘The Warra’. Check out the great ideas here.