Gannawarra Shire Council is pleased to provide a vaccination program for its residents monthly at Cohuna and Kerang.
A range of vaccines are available free of charge through the National Immunisation Scheme.
For details on vaccines available and locations, please view the links below.
NOTE: As part of efforts to to assist with preventing the spread of Coronavirus, extra precautions are currently in place:
- Anyone wanting to attend Council’s immunisation sessions, held at Cohuna and Kerang, will need to book beforehand by phoning Council’s Customer Service Centre on (03) 5450 9333.
- To ensure social distancing practices can be maintained, pre-booked time slots will be allocated.
- It is strongly encouraged that only one parent or guardian accompany the child who is to be vaccinated when attending Council’s immunisation sessions.
- Extra precautions are in place around infection control between appointments at these pre-booked sessions.
- Do not attend if you or your child has symptoms of a respiratory infection such as fever, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath or a cough or have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
- You must wear a mask upon entry.
- Please arrive promptly to your appointment.
- Please maintain 1.5 meters between yourself, our staff and other clients.
- You will need to wait the required 15 minutes of observation time after vaccination.
Session dates, time and locations
Kerang morning sessions (first Wednesday of every month)
Time: 10.30am - 12.00 midday
Location: Sir John Gorton Library (please note that due to works occurring at the Gannawarra Children's Centre, immunisation sessions for the remainder of 2021 will be held at the library)
Kerang afternoon sessions (third Wednesday of every month)
Location: Sir John Gorton Library (please note that due to works occurring at the Gannawarra Children's Centre sessions will be held at the library for the remainder of the year)
Cohuna morning sessions (third Wednesday of every month)
Time: 10.30am-12 noon
Location: Maternal and Child Health Centre (Corner Market and Channel streets, Cohuna)
Free vaccines supported by the National Immunisation Schedule
Immunisations are available free of charge for the following age groups:-
- 2 months (available from 6 weeks of age)
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 12 months (must have turned 1)
- 18 months
- 4 years
- Year 7 HPV (Human Papillomavirus Vaccine) or age appropriate
- Year 7 Boostrix (Diphtheria Tetanus, Whooping Cough) or age appropriate
- Year 10 Meningococcal ACWY or age appropriate
Vaccines available at cost by appointment
Fluvax - No cost to people over 65 years and at risk groups, or under 5 years. All other clients at a cost.
Boostrix - No cost for pregnant women from 20 weeks gestation during every pregnancy. Partners of women in the third trimester if the partner has not received the vaccine in the last 10 years. Parents/guardians of a baby under 6 months of age and they have not received a pertussis booster in the last 10 years.
Measles Mumps & Rubella - Non-immune women planning pregnancy or shortly after delivery no cost.
Hepatitis A & B