Our respite service supports the caring relationship by providing carers of frail older people and people of any age with a disability, with a break from their caring responsibilities.
Our service also provides the opportunity for the person being cared for to have a break, or go on an outing without their usual carer.
Respite may be arranged:
- On a regular planned basis
- For a one-off emergency situation, or
- For a short-term period, where there is a change in the caring relationship, such as the illness of a carer
This service can be provided in a variety of ways and in a range of locations, including:
- The consumer’s home
- On a one-to-one basis, or
- In the community where clients can participate in individual or community activities with the support of our staff.
Planned outings for clients may include visits to the Echuca Swimming Pool, Kerang Bowling Alley or bus excursions.
In all cases we aim to provide enjoyable, age appropriate, meaning activities for our clients.