Road Closures (Temporary)
Complete and submit the form below for all road closure requests.
Temporary Road Closure Application
These are the things that Council must take into consideration before granting a permit:
- Whether the application has been made 4 weeks prior to the event taking place.
- The date and times for the road closure.
- Whether the road can be closed to vehicular traffic for the duration of the event.
- The name of the street or streets which are sought to be closed.
- Whether the owners or occupiers of all properties with immediate vehicular access via the section of road to be closed have been advised by letter and given seven days to comment or object.
- Whether a person on behalf of the applicant has been nominated to erect and remove the barriers which close the road at locations and times specified by the Council.
- Whether the footpath on at least one side of the road can be kept clear of obstructions.
- Any other matter relevant to the circumstances of the application.
- The written consent of the Chief Commissioner of Police and the Roads Corporation has been obtained where the event is to be held on any road other than a Council road.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: You must provide us with Public Liability Insurance Certificate of Currency (minimum $10,000,000) prior to the event and you may be required to provide:
- Event Management Plan
- Risk Assessment (refer to Councils Event management Guide)