Green Waste Service
Gannawarra Shire Council offers an opt-in green waste collection service for the townships of Kerang and Cohuna. A trial of this service is now being offered in Koondrook.
Should you wish to receive the green waste service please apply at a Council Customer Service Centre in either Kerang or Cohuna or by completing an application form.
The cost of the service is $54 per annum and will be added to participating residents’ rates notices.
For more information on the service please contact Council on (03) 5450 9333.
To find a Green Waste Service Application Form go to our Forms page
What can go in my green bin?
- Grass clippings
- Small prunings and flowers
- Twigs and small branches (no thicker than 15cm or longer than 60cm)
What can't go in my green bin?
- Plastic bags
- Soil, pebbles and rocks
- Plastic and foam
- Paper or cardboard
- Rubbish (including household waste, e-waste, chemicals and batteries)
- Scrap metal
- Building materials (concrete, bricks, tiles, rubble)
- Treated timber
- Nappies (even if they are biodegradable or compostable)