Programs and Services
Book Chat - Kerang
Enjoy a relaxing morning as we share favourite books, get ideas on what to read next and meet new people.Everyone welcome. Morning tea provided. Book Chat is held at the Kerang Library on the 2nd Wednesday of every month except January.
Dates for 2017:
12 April, 10 May, 7 June, 12 July, 9 August,
6 September, 11 October, 8 November, 6 December .
Books on Wheels
Books on Wheels delivers books, magazines, audio books and DVD’s to people who are unable to access the library themselves.
To register for the Books on Wheels contact the Sir John Gorton Library on (03) 5452 1546.
Once registered, a library staff member will visit the home of the participant to get to know them and gain an understanding of the types of resources they would like to receive. Councils Community Care team will then link participants with a volunteer to deliver resources to their home on a monthly basis.
Library Link – Cohuna
Library Link allows elderly or disabled users to regularly access the library collection, when they would otherwise find it difficult to get to the library.
- Library Link runs every second Monday 1pm - 3pm
- Participants are picked up and returned home using council transport (no charge)
- Participants have the opportunity to choose their own library books
- Afternoon tea is provided
- Participants have the opportunity for social interaction with other members and library users
For more information contact Cohuna Library on (03) 5453 2124.
A genealogy collection is housed in the Genealogy Room at the Sir John Gorton Library, Kerang. This collection contains:
- Kerang Newspapers on Microfilm
- Australian genealogy resources
- Local and family history resources
In-house access is also provided to ancestry.com.
Local cemetery and valuation records can be accessed via the Gannawarra Library Catalogue website
Research support can be arranged through the Kerang & District Family History Group website.
Exhibition Space - Kerang
The foyer of the Kerang Library hosts regular exhibitions.
- Internet access