Children and Early Years
Our popular story times sessions are ideal for children aged three to five.
Each session contains stories, songs and activities to engage and stimulate young minds.
Sir John Gorton Library, Kerang Thursday 11am
*All sessions run during Victorian School Terms
Come along and enjoy a selection of traditional rhymes and action songs
This session is ideal for toddlers and recommences in Spring 2017. Dates as per below.
September 6, September 13, September 20, October 11, October 18, November 1, November 8, November 15, November 22 & November 29.
Sir John Gorton Library
School Holiday Programs
The Library offers fun programs during school holidays. During our last holiday program we held lego workshops, story time with the Australian Ballet and Harry Potter string art. Registrations are usually required so keep an eye out for our Christmas holiday activities.
1000 Books Before School
Did you know that reading together is the best way to encourage a love of books in your child? Sharing stories with babies and you children helps develop literacy skills that will prepare them for reading at school. 1000 Books Before School helps start children on their reading adventure!
How 1000 Books Before School works
- Keep a record of the books shared with your children in their pre-school years, and aim to reach 1000 before they start school.
- Register at you local library branch to receive your first Reading Record and reading kit to get you started. A library membership is required to join the program.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your Reading Record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your Reading Record, bring it in to the library for a special reward
- Every book that your child completes, or actively listens to, counts - this includes stories read at Storytime sessions, daycare, playgroup, kindergarten, as well as reading the same book over and over again. You can read books from anywhere - not just library books.
- The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school